Re: RFS: sigit - a small utility to change signatures etc.

Hi Rasmus

On 2/5/07, Rasmus Bøg Hansen <moffe@zz9.dk> wrote:

Package name    : sigit
Version         : 0.3.2-1
Upstream author : Kenneth "Redhead" Nielsen <kn@redhead.dk>
URL             : http://www.redhead.dk/download/
License         : GPLv2
Section         : mail

Some comments about your package.

In debian/rules:

ifeq (,$(findstring nostrip,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
   INSTALL_PROGRAM += -s
endif

is unnecesary, since dh_strip handles this itself.

Also, remove unnecesary commented out lines.  And unnecesary
not-commented lines like dh_installexamples (if you don't have an
"examples" file, this rule does nothing).

About debian/changelog, you include a lot of entries, which is sort of
weird since the package is not yet in Debian. I understand you have it
in your own repository, but new packages usually have only one entry.

Anyway, there's "Closes: #XXXXXX" in your changelog, you should add that.

Why do you use DH_COMPAT=4 ? The current compatibility level is 5, and
unless you have some specific reason for using 4 (as in, doing
backports for sarge), it's better to use 5.

Also if you have DH_COMPAT=4, having "debhelper (>> 3.0.0)" in
debian/control is not enough, you should have "debhelper (>= 4.0.0)"

The build process is a bit weird (you use debian/tmp, for a single
binary package, which is not usual. We usually use debian/tmp only
when building several binaries out of one package), and I get the
following error when doing fakeroot debian/rules binary

dh_strip
strip: unable to copy file 'debian/sigit/usr/bin/sigit' reason:
Permission denied
strip: unable to copy file 'debian/sigit/usr/bin/sigitdb' reason:
Permission denied

--
Besos,
Marga