Re: RFS: sigit - a small utility to change signatures etc.

Hi again

Thank you for your comments; I think I have fixed the mentioned
problems, but I'll go through them :-)

"Margarita Manterola" <margamanterola@gmail.com> hit the keyboard.
Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> On 2/5/07, Rasmus Bøg Hansen <moffe@zz9.dk> wrote:
>
>> Package name    : sigit
>> Version         : 0.3.2-1

This should, of course have been 0.3.2!

>> Upstream author : Kenneth "Redhead" Nielsen <kn@redhead.dk>
>> URL             : http://www.redhead.dk/download/
>> License         : GPLv2
>> Section         : mail
>
> Some comments about your package.
>
> In debian/rules:
>
>> ifeq (,$(findstring nostrip,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
>>    INSTALL_PROGRAM += -s
>> endif
>
> is unnecesary, since dh_strip handles this itself.

Yes, of course. I removed that.

> Also, remove unnecesary commented out lines.  And unnecesary
> not-commented lines like dh_installexamples (if you don't have an
> "examples" file, this rule does nothing).

Yes, of course. It was the remains of the template I used ages ago. I
have done a lot of cleanups of the rules file.

> About debian/changelog, you include a lot of entries, which is sort of
> weird since the package is not yet in Debian. I understand you have it
> in your own repository, but new packages usually have only one entry.

Oops, of course. I didn't think of that. My changelog is cleaned up...

> Anyway, there's "Closes: #XXXXXX" in your changelog, you should add that.

... and includes a Closes: now.

> Why do you use DH_COMPAT=4 ? The current compatibility level is 5, and
> unless you have some specific reason for using 4 (as in, doing
> backports for sarge), it's better to use 5.
>
> Also if you have DH_COMPAT=4, having "debhelper (>> 3.0.0)" in
> debian/control is not enough, you should have "debhelper (>= 4.0.0)"

This is just stupid, so it depends on >> 5.0.0 and has
DH_COMPAT=4. This was remains from old times which I had forgotten
too.

> The build process is a bit weird (you use debian/tmp, for a single
> binary package, which is not usual. We usually use debian/tmp only

Of course, that's just an extra layer. I think it was remains from the
template - anyway it builds the package directly in debian/sigit now.

> when building several binaries out of one package), and I get the
> following error when doing fakeroot debian/rules binary
>
> dh_strip
> strip: unable to copy file 'debian/sigit/usr/bin/sigit' reason:
> Permission denied
> strip: unable to copy file 'debian/sigit/usr/bin/sigitdb' reason:
> Permission denied

This is fixed too.

Also it is (as suggested by Nico Golde - who also noted the version
thing - on private mail) linda clean in addition to lintian clean.

I hope it is in better shape now. It is to be found here:

http://www.zz9.dk/debian/source/
deb-src http://www.zz9.dk/debian/source ./
dget http://www.zz9.dk/debian/source/sigit_0.3.2-4.dsc

Thank you,