Re: RFS: libsbml

Hello there,

Just a side note: I'm a full-time scientific programmer at the Keio
University, working specifically on the E-Cell project
(http://www.e-cell.org/ ) that aims to create  a versatile in-silico
simulator and related toolkits.

2007/1/29, Steffen Moeller <moeller@inb.uni-luebeck.de>:
Dear Changyan (also, please correct/apologize if I address you wrongly),
dear Charles,

this is quite a coincidence.

I'm also surprised at the coincidence that happened merely in a week :-)

The SBML libraries have two rather ancient ITPs (#241111,#277748) of mine and
Andrea Tasso.  Just last week I got a patch to my diff.gz. thus bringing it
up to the latest level, sent in by Moriyoshi Koizumi who is on this email's
CC line.

The idea we came up with last week was to prepare an entry on the Debian-Med
SVN (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/,
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med) for the package. Andreas volunteered
as an initial sponsor and I volunteered to take over sponsoring once I am
accepted as a DD.

Dear Moriyoshi and dear Changyan, please get in contact with each other for an
exchange of ideas for the package. Whoever wishes to go forward with the
maintenance should do so. A SVN-based group maintenance would be preferable
from my point of view as it does not harm and is much fun if it works out
nicely. It is in no way required, though. Andreas?

Sure I will. Would anyone give some advice what is necessary to
collaborate on it right now?
I so far got my alioth account (moriyoshi-guest). I'm rather new to
the arrangement of the Debian development though I've been involved in
several opensource projects in the past, so any help would be
thankful.

> It is very good news to see these packages arriving in Debian.
> Unfortunately, I am completely ignorant of java, so I can not review
> them. I have however one small comment: it has been said some time ago
> on debian-devel that having packages with very similar descriptions is
> disturbing when people make keyword-based searches. Maybe you could try
> to give a specific description for each package ?

Just my two yen's worth: Despite the following statement mentioned in
the quoted mail, sun-java wasn't necessary for me to build the Java
package. libgcj-dev will suffice because they shares the same ABI and
pretty much the same thing did in many other Debian java library
packages AFAIK.

--
Moriyoshi Koizumi <moriyoshi@gmail.com>
(also reachable on <mozo@sfc.keio.ac.jp>)