Re: RFS: libsbml

Le Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:00:54PM +0800, Panchoat a écrit :
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libsbml".
>
> * Package name    : libsbml
>   Version         : 2.3.4-1
>   Upstream Author : The sbml team mailto:sbml-team@caltech.edu
> * URL             : www.sbml.org
> * License         : GPL
>   Section         : contrib/science(because to compile the java binding package use sun-java)
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libsbml-dev - System Biology Markup Language Library
> libsbml-java - System Biology Markup Language Library -- Java Binding
> libsbml-perl - System Biology Markup Language Library
> libsbml1   - System Biology Markup Language Library
> python-sbml - System Biology Markup Language Library -- Python Binding
> sbml-examples - System Biology Markup Language Library

Dear Changyan,

(Please correct me if I use your last name incorrectly, or vice-versa).

It is very good news to see these packages arriving in Debian.
Unfortunately, I am completely ignorant of java, so I can not review
them. I have however one small comment: it has been said some time ago
on debian-devel that having packages with very similar descriptions is
disturbing when people make keyword-based searches. Maybe you could try
to give a specific description for each package ?

It seems that you are interested in systems biology. I have started to
list potential software of interest for Debian on our wiki:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSystemsBiology

Please feel free to contribute to it.

(Also, I have added libsbml to
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianBioinformaticsLibraries )