Re: Linda question: Maintainer script prerm uses debhelper, but does not use #DEBHELPER#.

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 02:21:35PM -0600, Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 08:46:57PM +0100, Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
> > | $ linda -i *.dsc
> > | W: conntrackd; Maintainer script postinst uses debhelper, but does not use #DEBHELPER#.
> >
> > I do not use any debhelper-magic in the scripts and do not understand
> > what linda wants me to do.
> >
> > I could simply include '#DEBHELPER#' in the scripts but I do not want any
> > debhelper magic to change the scripts.
>
> Why not?
>
> > dh_installinit is called with --noscripts to accomplish this.
>
> That's OK. But *other* debhelpers might want to insert snippets into
> your maintainer scripts. Are you sure you don't and won't need any of
> them? In that case, you ought to call them all with --noscripts, to
> make it evident to everyone looking at your package.
Right; try compiling with a #DEBHELPER# in all your scripts, and don't pass
--noscripts to any debhelper command.  Read the generated maintscripts, and see
if there's anything useful (people should always read them, really).  debhelper
will create scripts from scratch as if they contained just

#!/bin/sh
set -e
#DEBHELPER#

Justin