Re: Bug not found: what am I doing wrong?

Hi!

On 8/24/06, Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
Le Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 09:26:12PM -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira a écrit :
> I think that it's because the bug is already archived.
> Archived bugs can't be modified.
>
> At the top of http://bugs.debian.org/136004 there is:
> "Bug is archived. No further changes may be made."

Interesting... I did not consider this possibility, because I
successfully tagged older closed bugs, such as
http://bugs.debian.org/64980, but they do not have this comment on the
top of their page, although also being archived. So there seems to be
two levels of archiving...

Hum... strange...
At first I saw one difference: #64980 was closed using
64980-done@b.d.o and #136004 using 136004-close@.b.d.o
But then I saw bugs closed using "close" that didn't have the "Bug is
archived. No further changes may be made." header. So the way the bug
was closed is not the difference.

At http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Access there is:

"Each closed bug report is archived 28 days after the last message
relating to it is received and filed. This means that it is no longer
possible to access it or change anything about it using the control
and service bots. (...)"

Now I am in doubt if the explanation is outdated (some new procedure
of archiving the bugs was introduced) or the archiving process is not
fully documented...

If someone could explain this for us, please.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson