Re: RFS: feedparser -- Universal Feed Parser for Python

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006, Carlos Galisteo wrote:
>  Anyway, I have repackaged it, fixing some of the  Loïc suggestions,
> but now mentors.debian.net doesn't likes my gpg key :(

 I'm afraid I confused you.

 Let me review your changes:
 - I see you've added the pycompat file, as I requested, that's good.
 - you have changed your build to run one time per python version, but I
   was wrong to request that: this is only useful for Python
   *extensions* (bindings), not for pure Python *modules*, so you need
   to remove that (mea culpa); revert to the version currently in
   unstable of debian/rules
 - please build-depend on python-dev only, you don't need all python
   versions when building your package
 - I see you moved from XS-Python-Version to debian/pyversions, that's
   fine, that was not strictly required, both ways are equal IMO
 - you switched to ${python:Provides}, as I requested, that's good
 - you added Replaces: python2.4-feedparser, that's useless, and wrong
   IMO: "Replaces" are used for real packages, not for virutal Provides,
   and there never was a python2.4-feedparser package, so it's useless
   and confusing

 I'm sorry I caused confusion, please revert the changes made to
 debian/rules, remove the Replaces, and above all: please list changes
 in debian/changelog.  Your current changelog only mention adoption:
+  * New maintainer. (Closes: #374499: ITA: feedparser -- adoping
+    feedparser module - Debian Bug report logs)
 but this is incomplete since you also did numerous other changes.

 (If you implement the above changes, I think your package will be in
 shape for me to upload it, but I'll review the changes again.)

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>