Re: RFS: thailatex (orphaned package for babel-based Thai latex support)

On 4/25/06, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
> "Theppitak Karoonboonyanan" <thep@linux.thai.net> wrote:
>
> > I've logged the closing of #344554 separately, but decided
> > not to close #351501, because the closing in previous change
> > was simply from the fact that it's gone when I tried installing.
> > So, being unable to reproduce the bug, even by stepwise
> > upgrades, I can't find a good explanation, and should leave it
> > open, until it can be reproduced somehow. I'll follow up the bug
> > soon.
>
> I suggest to contact the submitter and ask him whether he ever could,
> and now still can reproduce it.

Yes, I've followed up the bug.

> >>   * the "bumped standards version to..." section usually also gets an
> >>     explanation (like "no changes needed" or "lots of packaging changes,
> >>     details below", or whatever).
> >
> > Done. However, as a new comer who haven't read old
> > standards, I can't gather what changes are needed between
> > old and new version. I hope saying "after the repackaging"
> > is sufficient.
>
> Have a look at /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz

Thanks for the guide. I've checked all the changes.
Based on the check list, the only relevant change
appears to be changelog conversion to UTF-8.

Changes updated at the old place.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan