proper way to package mozilla extensions

Hi All,

I am upgrading to the recent upstream one of the extensions I am
maintaining. Finally I made a proper debian/watch file but now I need to
decide which way to go on how to keep .orig.tar.gz. I've investigated a
few packaged extensions and didn't find an answer to my question: how to
perform automatic upgrade (via uscan). The reason is that

1. There are two possible packaging schemes
  a. Keep only original .xpi in the .orig.tar.gz, and extract/dpatch it
     at build time.

  b. Keep unzipped .xpi in .orig.tar.gz.

  I was going the b. way but now I think that keeping original .xpi
  would be better

2. All packages I've checked were missing debian/watch, so I could not
   see how people perform upgrades. Now I need to either write my own
   wrapper around svn-merge, which would be called by uscan, and it will
   tar.gz the freshiest .xpi into .tar.gz and call svn-upgrade

   But before I do that I thought to ask people on what they think about
   a. vs b.  and debian/watch config to (semi)automatically upgrade to
   the most recent upstream

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]