Re: proper way to package mozilla extensions

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

1. There are two possible packaging schemes
 a. Keep only original .xpi in the .orig.tar.gz, and extract/dpatch it
    at build time.

 b. Keep unzipped .xpi in .orig.tar.gz.

 I was going the b. way but now I think that keeping original .xpi
 would be better

I'm no DD, but I would say (a) is nicer because then a checksum can be verified more easily.

-- Asheesh.

--
Never drink coke in a moving elevator.  The elevator's motion coupled with
the chemicals in coke produce hallucinations.  People tend to change into