Depending on both runtime and dev packages?

Hi, I'm building a package (a Scheme-to-C compiler) and I split it into
three different debs: libfoo0 (runtime libs), libfoo-dev (.a and .la
files and includes) and foo-bin (compiler and other tools).
The depends are a big problem: foo-bin needs to depend on libfoo0
(otherwise the compiler won't run) but without the -dev package you
won't be able to convert a Scheme file into a C one, so a Depends on
libfoo-dev is needed, too: I don't think someone will ever use a program
just to see the -help screen.
Other idea could be to merge -bin and -dev packages, but in this way the
new package will have to depend on both libpcre3 (the compiler is
linked against it) and libpcre3-dev (you need it to compile .scm files
into .c ones), so this seems a chicken-and-egg problem!
Can someone suggest me a better idea to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance.
--
Davide Puricelli, dpuricelli@tin.it
Debian Developer: evo@debian.org | http://www.debian.org

Time looked like snow dropping silently into a black room -- Ray Bradbury