Re: RFC/RFS: PyKaraoke

 --- Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> escribió:

> > Why can't it be used with python 2.4?
>
> The modules are byte-compiled for Python 2.3, and should be recompiled
> when Debian ships Python 2.4 as the default. There's no way to
> automatically do that yet, so instead dh_python sets it up so that a
> simple rebuild will cause it to upgrade properly. It's messy, and should
> be done more automatically, but isn't yet.

I guess you're talking about the future, as I don't see any .pyc file in the
package, even using dh_python and so. Anyway I guess it'll help maintaining
the compatibility in the future for what I understood. Right now the only
change I noticed in the package is that one I mentioned about the
dependencies.

Thanks :)
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.