Re: RFC/RFS: PyKaraoke

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> So, if you upgrade to a newer version of python, it won't work, as the
> compiled files would not be regenerated. is that it? I guess I understand why
> it cannot be run with python2.4 then. I hope someone finds a better solution
> anyway :)

Not if the Depends are set to depend on 2.3 because then you'll always have
2.3 installed if you have that package :D hence why it's good to depend on
the right version.

I believe 2.3 and 2.4 can coexist peacefully... All that will happen is
it'll go on depending on 2.3 until debian is upgraded to use 2.4 - and then
once a rebuild is done - it'll depend on 2.4 instead