Re: [RFS]: jsMath:TeX equations in HTML documents

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Frank KЭster wrote:
> Sorry to be unclear - I meant that db_version is rarely used.
indeed. thanks -- among 124 postinst scripts using debconf I found on my
box only 29 used db_version. so I must be fine wo it ;-) removed...

> >>   Moreover, I doubt that this works at all, and I think there are
> >>   better
> > hm... seems to be working to me ;-) I've tested it on a box and
> > previousely I had gallery installed on a few, that is why I recalled
> > that it copes with registering itself within apache
> >>   mechanisms to interact with webserver packages than that.  You
> >>   write
> > any pointer would be great -- may be some exemplar package
> /etc/apache2/README explains shortly how it's supposed to work.  It
> also says that httpd.conf is an empty file, and the file itself says
> it's mostly for backwards compatibility.  You should try whether it
> works with files in /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} or
> /etc/apache2/sites-{available,enabled}, then you could have real
> conffiles with everything dpkg offers for them.
I think that we don't need to deal with modules/sites, since jsmath is
neither of them, but...
I see now where the confusion is. Please have a kook at current
jsmath.postinst -- it does it in apache2 compliant manner: it doesn't
touch httpd.conf -- just places jsmath.conf under conf.d. It modifies
httpd.conf only for apache, apache-ssl, apache-perl, and in those I
believe httpd.conf is not to be empty.

Having closer look at uptodate httpd.conf from apache -- it now has a
line to include conf.d/ files. Also it seems that the lines I borrowed
from gallery's postinst and which modify httpd.conf are not
necessary since they are there to

1. remove explicit inclusion of gallery.conf in favor of conf.d way.

2. only iff conf.d is not included (may be older config files were
preserved during upgrades or explicitely removed by sysadmin), then it
adds that explicit rule.

so - I see that I just need to link jsmath.conf to webserver's conf.d/
if such exists ;) thus I can completely remove first case statement from
postinst.

Thank you for helping me to make it right ;-)
> Regards, Frank

P.S. updated version (under the same revision) is available from the
same source ;-) current modifications touched just jsmath package
(I tested it on an apache2 server once again... seems to be doing fine)
dget http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/sid/perspect/source/web/jsmath_3.3g-1.dsc
dget http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/sid/perspect/source/web/jsmath-fonts_1.3-1.dsc
dget http://itanix.rutgers.edu/rumba/dists/sid/perspect/source/web/jsmath-fonts-sprite_1.0-1.dsc

--