Re: RFS: personalbackup

On (23/09/06 19:41), Kim Kuylen wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "personalbackup".
>
> * Package name    : personalbackup

Hi,

I cannot sponsor your package, but I have a few comments,

  * The files you add to the upstream code can be shipped under debian/
    I believe, making it clearer they are contributed by you
    specifically for Debian. If this is not the case, or the changes
    will be incorporated in to the next upstream release.
  * I suggest that you add copyright and license headers to all of your
    source files. If they are not written by you then it is even more
    important. (For instance I can't see any in the files under lib/).
  * You should add a copyright and license statement about your Debian
    packaging as well.
  * You could add a watch file.
  * Is the personalbackup.config an artifact from somewhere? I don't see
    a template file, or postinst to act on the answers.
  * There is a lintian warning
      W: personalbackup: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section
      /etc/init.d/personalbackup
    Please correct it.
  * It seems to me that everything that ends up in /var/www/ might belong
    in /usr/share/.
  * You ship an empty /tmp/ in the deb, please drop this.

James
--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256