Re: RFS: personalbackup
On (23/09/06 19:41), Kim Kuylen wrote:
> Dear mentors,
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "personalbackup".
> * Package name : personalbackup
I cannot sponsor your package, but I have a few comments,
* The files you add to the upstream code can be shipped under debian/
I believe, making it clearer they are contributed by you
specifically for Debian. If this is not the case, or the changes
will be incorporated in to the next upstream release.
* I suggest that you add copyright and license headers to all of your
source files. If they are not written by you then it is even more
important. (For instance I can't see any in the files under lib/).
* You should add a copyright and license statement about your Debian
packaging as well.
* You could add a watch file.
* Is the personalbackup.config an artifact from somewhere? I don't see
a template file, or postinst to act on the answers.
* There is a lintian warning
W: personalbackup: init.d-script-missing-lsb-section
Please correct it.
* It seems to me that everything that ends up in /var/www/ might belong
* You ship an empty /tmp/ in the deb, please drop this.
James Westby -- GPG Key ID: B577FE13 -- http://jameswestby.net/
seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256