Re: RFS: webcam-server

On (23/09/06 13:36), Luca bedogni wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "webcam-server".
>
> * Package name    : webcam-server

I cannot sponsor the package for you but I have some comments on it.

  * You have created a very strange package with all of the debian/
    directory in the .orig.tar.gz and an empty diff.gz. Please sort this
    out as it will cause no end of headaches.
  * The upstream code says that it uses some code from other projects,
    but doesn't give their copyright and license information. You should
    request that is added.
  * Don't start the long description with a blank line in
    debian/control.
  * "or single frame snapshots running a web browser." is unclear to me,
    please rewrite it.
  * "See /usr/share/common-licenses for further informations" should
    point to GPL. The usual string is
      On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General
      Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.
  * Add a statement about the copyright and license for your Debian
    packaging.
  * You don't use DESTDIR in the install target, so that the build fails
    as it installs the files to dirs that it can't write to.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256