Re: RFS: inotail -- inotify enhanced tail (updated package)

Hi,

On 2006-09-24 at 17:19:13 +0200, James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:
> On (24/09/06 12:00), Tobias Klauser wrote:
> > On 2006-09-22 at 20:56:02 +0200, Tobias Klauser <tklauser@access.unizh.ch> wrote:
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "inotail".
> > >
> > > * Package name    : inotail
>
> I cannot sponsor either I am afraid, but I have a couple more small
> comments.
>
>   * You use a - prefix for $(MAKE) clean in debian/rules, but I don't
>     think that is right. clean should always succeed if the Makefile is
>     there (you rm -f everything), and if the Makefile isn't there then
>     there is a serious problem, and you don't really want to mask it.
>     This is used for autotools packages where it is possible the
>     Makefile is not there, and that should be ignored.

Oh, sorry I didn't pay attention to this. It is fixed now.

>   * You have missed the copyright info for inotify.h in
>     debian/copyright. There is also no license information for this
>     file, can you get it and add it?

This file was taken from the Linux Kernel source tree and slightly
altered (Dropped everything in #ifdef __KERNEL__ as not needed and
useful in userspace). So this is licensed under the GPL. Would it
suffice to add a notice about this to debian/copyright (plus the
copyright information for the same file)? Or might it be better to
depend on linux-kernel-headers and take the file from there
(/usr/include/linux/inotify.h)?

Thanks for your help,
Tobias

--
  .''`.     Tobias Klauser - Debian enthusiast
 : :'  :    <tklauser@access.unizh.ch>