Re: RFS: drapes (updated)

Hi Sandro,
in the meantime, thanks for the precious hints, :)

ok, begin...

> * debian/control
>  - long descriptio should start capitalized
>  - correct some typos in long description, for example: s/build
> in/built-in/ , s/wallapers/wallpapers/
>  - please include Homepage meta-tag as specified in [1]

fixed, I hope... :)

> * debian/copyright
>  - you missed to insert copyright notes for many files: (apart from
> Makefiles and other generated configure scripts)
>    + ./po/{de,es,fr,it,ko,nl,pl,pt_BR,sv}.po are copyrighted by Canonical
>    + ./drapes/panelapplet/PanelAppletFactory.cs by Novell
>    + ./drapes/Traylib.cs is copyrighted by three different entities,
> and is under MIT license.
>  I know it's boring execute " find . -type f -exec less '{}' \; " but
> you _have to_ do it, and report in debian/copyright every copyright
> notice for files in your package.

I've added the copyright information for these files, but I have one
doubt: do I have to add copyright informations also to Makefiles and
other generated configure scripts?

> * NEWS
>  - this seems to be the upstream changelog, and it has to be treated
> so: called changelog, and installed (after gzip -9 ) into
> /usr/share/doc/drapes/changelog.gz . Give a look at
> dh_installchangelogs

I think it's already done, because in /usr/share/doc/drapes/ there is
the file NEWS.gz which is the gziped copy of the NEWS file of the tarball

> * debian/rules
>  - remove template header
>  - remove all commented out dh_* calls in binary-arch target
>  - dh_install debian/pixmap/drapes.xpm /usr/share/pixmaps/
>    it's better if you install it locally, $(CURDIR)/debian/drapes/usr/....
>  - why did you re-write patch/unpatch target instead of including
> /usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make ? (I've written a little page about
> using dpatch: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/index.php?view=use_dpatch
> maybe give it a look)

ok, fixed the first two issues, but I thought dh_install makes already the
copy locally... I'm wrong?
Finally, I used dpatch rewriting patch/unpatch targets looking at manpage
of dpatch, but now it's made using the method suggested by you.

> * config.{guess,sub}
>  - take care of those files: they can create many problems. you can
> look at /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz

I have applied config.dpatch because debian/rules, based on the template
of dh_make, makes a copy of these files from /usr/share/misc, alterating
the original tarball, with the side effect of including the updated
config.guess and config.sub in the diff.gz.
In this manner, I hope to have followed correctly the
/usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz guidelines...

> * debian/watch
>  - as of now it's missing: please evaluate to add it: it will easy
> noticing of new upstream releases. Upstream tarball patch is rather
> funny: maybe you can contact him and ask to change in something more
> easy to manage.

added, hoping it's ok...

> * debian/patches
>  - please include description for patch 01_data_Makefile.in.dpatch
>  - 02_config.dpatch is provided by Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>:
> should he be mentioned in debian/copyright? Some DDs can comment on
> this?

the first issue is fixed, but I don't know  what to do with the second one...

> * debian/drapes.1
>  - have you forwarded upstream this manpage, asking him to include in
> upstream tarball (maybe expanding it)? If no, do it, is yes, well
> done! :)

Not already, I'm going to make it asap... :)

two questions:

during the build of the package, I got these warnings:
1) warning: no utmp entry available and LOGNAME not defined; using uid
of process (1234)
2) WARNING: failed to install schema
`/schemas/apps/drapes/enable_timed_shuffle' locale `fr': Unable to store
a value at key '/schemas/apps/drapes/enable_timed_shuffle', as the
configuration server has no writable databases. There are some common
--CUT--

is this normal?

kind regards,
francesco