Re: RFS: qpopper (updated package)

On (22/09/06 00:49), hi wkby wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 4.0.9-1
> of my package "qpopper".

I have a few more comments in addition to George's. Unfortunately I
cannot sponsor the package either.

  * You make extensive changes to the upstream source in your .diff.gz,
    would you not prefer to switch to a patch system so that they can be
    handled more cleanly? In fact there is a debian/patch directory,
    what is this used for?
  * Why is your upload going to testing-security?
  * You should close you ITA bug in the changelog entry. You should also
    mention that there is a new maintainer.
  * The standards version is very out of date, you should update it and
    make any necessary changes.
  * There are multiple copyright holders to mention in debian/copyright
    when you update it.
  * Can you sort out the formatting in README.Debian please?
  * See the output of uscan --report-status
      uscan warning: debian/watch is an obsolete version 1 watchfile;
      please upgrade to a higher version
        (see uscan(1) for details).
  * Sort out the formatting of your Depends: and Build-Depends lines to
    remove some spurious lintian warnings. There should be spaces after
    commas, and around pipes (|).

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256