Re: RFS: drapes

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "drapes".

Hi Francesco,
I cannot upload since IANADD, but I've given a look at you package;
these are notes I'd like to advice you:

* debian/control
 - long descriptio should start capitalized
 - correct some typos in long description, for example: s/build
in/built-in/ , s/wallapers/wallpapers/
 - please include Homepage meta-tag as specified in [1]

* debian/copyright
 - you missed to insert copyright notes for many files: (apart from
Makefiles and other generated configure scripts)
   + ./po/{de,es,fr,it,ko,nl,pl,pt_BR,sv}.po are copyrighted by Canonical
   + ./drapes/panelapplet/PanelAppletFactory.cs by Novell
   + ./drapes/Traylib.cs is copyrighted by three different entities,
and is under MIT license.
 I know it's boring execute " find . -type f -exec less '{}' \; " but
you _have to_ do it, and report in debian/copyright every copyright
notice for files in your package.

* NEWS
 - this seems to be the upstream changelog, and it has to be treated
so: called changelog, and installed (after gzip -9 ) into
/usr/share/doc/drapes/changelog.gz . Give a look at
dh_installchangelogs

* debian/rules
 - remove template header
 - remove all commented out dh_* calls in binary-arch target
 - dh_install debian/pixmap/drapes.xpm /usr/share/pixmaps/
   it's better if you install it locally, $(CURDIR)/debian/drapes/usr/....
 - why did you re-write patch/unpatch target instead of including
/usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make ? (I've written a little page about
using dpatch: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/index.php?view=use_dpatch
maybe give it a look)

* config.{guess,sub}
 - take care of those files: they can create many problems. you can
look at /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz

* debian/watch
 - as of now it's missing: please evaluate to add it: it will easy
noticing of new upstream releases. Upstream tarball patch is rather
funny: maybe you can contact him and ask to change in something more
easy to manage.

* debian/patches
 - please include description for patch 01_data_Makefile.in.dpatch
 - 02_config.dpatch is provided by Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>:
should he be mentioned in debian/copyright? Some DDs can comment on
this?

* debian/drapes.1
 - have you forwarded upstream this manpage, asking him to include in
upstream tarball (maybe expanding it)? If no, do it, is yes, well
done! :)

I haven't build the package (neither in pbuilder) since I'd had to
download too much packages... :)

Kind Regards,
Sandro

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info