Re: RFS: spcaview

> >> I have already packaged this software and upload them. They have been
> >> remove from ftp-new because spca5xx team want me to work with them. But
> >> they still don't have uploaded any spcaview package. Dunno why.
> >
> > Huh?
> >
> > When I contacted you, I cannot recall your intention to withdraw the
> > package. I assumed you just went ahead with it . . .
> >
> > If there is a package ready, please find a sponsor now. If someone would
> > like to use the existing pkg-spca5xx facilities on alioth that can be
> > arranged too, just let me know. There is already a packaging effort
> > existing in pkg-spca5xx SVN on svn.debian.org
>
> They have packaging stuff but I do not rembember if it was ready.
> I made a working package, wich patched Makefile and all missing manpages.
> I'll try to get my package.
>
> > Otavio did not seem interested (no reply iirc) last time spcaview was
> > requested for upload, but maybe someone else would like to.
>
> It was the same for me but when the package were in new queue he
> contacted me to stop the upload.
> Strange.
>
> > Thanks, Kel.
>
> Np. Maybe we could work both together ?

I would like to see it maintained at least collectively, as we have the gpsca
rewrite coming up, that will take a team effort to prepare imho.

There are currently three different packaging efforts existing, we need to
decide on the way forward. Any ideas on how to proceed?

There is an existing alioth project, with SVN + mailing list. Should we build
upon that effort and lobby Otavio with hard work?

Thanks, Kel.