Re: Changing version numbers for upload to m.d.n [ was: Re: RFS: swish++: A Simple Web Indexing System for Humans --- C++ version ]

On 9/21/06, martin f krafft < madduck@debian.org> wrote:
also sprach James Westby < jw+debian@jameswestby.net> [2006.09.21.1419 +0200]:
> The convention is, I believe, that an upload to mentors.debian.net
> does not count as a release, as anyone who downloads a package
> from there should realise it is a work in flux and handle that
> appropriately.

What speaks against incrementing the Debian revision after every
upload? I am much in favour of that.

It does make it much easier to spot when a new version has been posted to m.d.n if people do that.

Alan