Re: RFS: swish++: A Simple Web Indexing System for Humans --- C++ version

On (21/09/06 12:00), Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, James Westby wrote:
> > On (20/09/06 15:00), Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Could someone please sponsor a New Maintainer upload of swish++?
> > >
> > > Note: Must bump version to 6.1.4-1 before upload.
> > Why have you done it like this?
>
> So that I can keep the ordering before the final upload.
> For example the version after I incorporate the changes you suggest
> will be 6.1.4-0pre4.

It is fine to use the same version repeatedly when seeking a sponsor.

> >   * Your debian/copyright does not have all the information that it
> >     needs, some copyright holders and licenses are missing. Also it
> >     doesn't quite conform to the preferred layout. See
> >     http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html
> >     for more information.
>
> There *are* files in the tarball that are not copyright Paul J. Lucas
> but they are only used in the Win32 build. I have made some changes
> to confirm to the format and added a comment about these files.

It does not matter whether the files are used or not. If they are in the
tarball they must be mentioned in debian/copyright.

I shall try and check the updated packages for you,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256