Re: RFS: swish++: A Simple Web Indexing System for Humans --- C++ version

On Thursday 21 September 2006 10:27, James Westby wrote:
> On (21/09/06 12:00), Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:
> > Hello,

> > > Why have you done it like this?
> >
> > So that I can keep the ordering before the final upload.
> > For example the version after I incorporate the changes you suggest
> > will be 6.1.4-0pre4.

Isn't `pre' meant to be replaced by the new wave (~) change proposed to the
policy recently ?

> It is fine to use the same version repeatedly when seeking a sponsor.

Well, since having debian source package uploaded to mentors (or any other
public site) is certaily like you have them gone in the wild; and there
easily might be people who download the source package from there, build it
themselves and install it, and they certainly what to have any new version
either from these unofficial locations or from the debian official archive.
So versioning is a good thing[tm] to keep all participants happy ;-)

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB