Re: ITA and RFS: euler -- an interactive mathematical program

Hi James and thanks for reviewing!

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 22:07, James Westby wrote:
>   * The descriptions are lacking in my opinion. Could they say what sort
>     of things can be done. And they could mention it is graphical as
>     well perhaps.

The description now includes a longish list of Euler's features.

>   * is euler-doc supposed to be arch: any?

Of course not. That was an error I forgot to fix, thanks for noticing! It was
just today reported as #388428.

>   * Your debian/copyright doesn't seem to have all of the copyright
>     holders.

Fixed.

>   * These lines from your install file are odd
>       debian/tmp/usr/bin          usr
>       debian/tmp/usr/share/euler  usr/share
>     I guess they should be in a dirs, file, or not there at all. Or are
>     you installing the whole contents of usr/bin? In that case the usual
>     way is
>       debian/tmp/usr/bin/* usr/bin/

Yes, I'm installing the whole directories. dh_install's man page says that it
can install directories too and that the destination is always a directory.
My two lines just do what they are supposed to do.

>   * Your attempt to clean config.log and config.status doesn't work. You
>     should just rm them instead.

It does work, they are removed before the package is configured and built.
I won't repackage the tarball just for removing those two files.

The updated package is still here:
http://frank.thomas-alfeld.de/download/debian/euler/
http://frank.thomas-alfeld.de/download/debian/euler/euler_1.61.0-1_i386.changes

Thanks again,