Re: ITA and RFS: euler -- an interactive mathematical program

On (20/09/06 15:00), Frank S. Thomas wrote:
> Hi James and thanks for reviewing!

No problem.

> On Tuesday 19 September 2006 22:07, James Westby wrote:
> >   * These lines from your install file are odd
> >       debian/tmp/usr/bin          usr
> >       debian/tmp/usr/share/euler  usr/share
> >     I guess they should be in a dirs, file, or not there at all. Or are
> >     you installing the whole contents of usr/bin? In that case the usual
> >     way is
> >       debian/tmp/usr/bin/* usr/bin/
>
> Yes, I'm installing the whole directories. dh_install's man page says that it
> can install directories too and that the destination is always a directory.
> My two lines just do what they are supposed to do.

Yes they do, I was just pointing out that it wasn't the usual method.
Obviously you can do it however you like.

> >   * Your attempt to clean config.log and config.status doesn't work. You
> >     should just rm them instead.
>
> It does work, they are removed before the package is configured and built.
> I won't repackage the tarball just for removing those two files.

Sorry, I don't really know why I wrote that.

> The updated package is still here:
> http://frank.thomas-alfeld.de/download/debian/euler/
> http://frank.thomas-alfeld.de/download/debian/euler/euler_1.61.0-1_i386.changes

I'll have another look on my next checking run, if they haven't been
sponsored by then.

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256