Re: RFS: urw-garamond -- scalable PostScript font from the Garamond family

Hi,

Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:

> I just read the copyright file and I thought that it would be
> distributable.  Are there any conflicts in what is written there?

I pointed out the problems I saw in the initial thread about this RFS.
Please check the debian-mentors archives.

> Please educate me regarding this. Wouldn't it be distributable even in
> non-free?

Not in non-free, not on mentors.debian.net, nowhere. Basically, IIRC,
the license requires prominent notice in every file when changes are
made to the fonts[1] stating at least the date and author of the
changes. This clause of the license was not respected in the last
package I reviewed. This must be fixed upstream. Upstream is alive,
Debian-aware and friendly (hi, Ralf!)[2], so this should be doable.

  [1] Well, the license was not developed with fonts in mind, as it
      seems...

  [2] Walter Schmidt's cooperation is also probably needed for a new
      release, but I don't think it's a problem either.

--
Florent