Re: plea to sponsees about announcing location of packages

On Thursday 27 July 2006 12:59, Thijs Kinkhorst took the opportunity to write:

> > > You have to add a line to /etc/apt/sources.list to make it work.
> >
> > Yes, but only once. It's still a useful alternative for anyone that
> > checks out source packages from mentors.debian.net regularly.
>
> Only once for every possible repository where a sponsor might have
> stored their packages. Mentors is far from the only one.

On Thursday 27 July 2006 12:58, Eddy Petrişor took the opportunity to write:
> As oposed to none?! And you don't have to do that with every package
> that is self hosted.

The vast majority of RFSes on this list, at least lately, seem to use
mentors.debian.net though. As a wannabe DD it seems like a good place to
stick to *if* I want to give potential sponsors the apt-source option -- I
can't expect every DD to add tens of apt-src lines to their sources.list.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)