Re: RFS: zeroinstall-injector

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:58:58 -0400, Felipe Sateler wrote:

> Felipe Sateler wrote:
>
>> Thomas Leonard wrote:
>>
>>> But, there also seems to be python-support (dh_pysupport) and
>>> python-central. Would using one of these make my package more likely to
>>> be accepted? I'm not keen on using python-central because most of the
>>> apt-get failures I've had recently with other packages seem to be due to
>>> it.
>>
>> That is because python has gone through a transition recently. Please
>> refer to the python policy:
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/python-policy/
>
> Also, read http://wiki.debian.org/DebianPython/NewPolicy

OK, it seems that depending on python-support or python-central will mean
that my deb won't work on Debian/stable. Am I likely to get a sponsor if
I use python-support (e.g., would you sponsor it)? Otherwise, maintaining
two versions probably isn't worth it.

Thanks,

--
Dr Thomas Leonard		http://rox.sourceforge.net