Re: RFS: gtkradiant

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 14:05, Frits Daalmans wrote:
--cut--
> Hello George,

Hello,

> thanks for the feedback. I put the modules and plugins in
> /usr/lib/games/gtkradiant/ now. (version 1.5.0-4)

You are correct. For games /usr/lib/games hierarchy is used in addition to
the /usr/share/games.

> I also tried to do a bit of code-cleanup (dpatch nr.
> 50_minor_warnings.dpatch) but I didn't take a look at all those
> signed-unsigned comparisons.
> And I compile with g++-4.1.2; I think I understand why it is important
> to build against the correct target; however unstable is always changing;
> would it then be better to compile against etch?

Normally packages go through unstable (or experimental, which is not a
compelete suite). But unstable's volatility is not a problem as long as your
Build-Depens/Depends/Conflicts/etc declarations are correct. Packages are
being moved to testing with respect to their dependencies and some other
things[1]. Well, yes, you can also build and upload to testing, but that is a
rather special case[2].

[1]http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-testing
[2]http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-distribution

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB