Re: Procedure for adopting a package?

On Sunday 02 July 2006 23:53, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
--cut--
> > From the bug reports you've filed against calcurse it's clear to me that
> > you probably are the perfect person to maintain it, so in the final
> > analysis I have no issue with you becoming the maintainer.  But like I
> > said, I thought there was a process regarding adoption.
>
> Please don't feel offended. I tried to contact you several times and
> I hijacked this packaged because I couldn't do that.

In such cases you better document your intentions in BTS, since that:
- will leave public records of your trials to reach the maintainer.
- will prevent (or coordinate) duplicate hijack efforts if the package had
been really in bad shape and this was the last resort in the light of better
maintenance. Hijacking is not necessary a bad thing[tm] imho if done with
respect&care.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB