Re: COPYING says GPL, but all headers say LGPL

Le Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:07:18AM +0200, Bas Wijnen a écrit :
> The LGPL specifies that the user may redistribute the software
> under the LGPL, or the GPL.  So you (as packager) can simply choose to do your
> redistribution under the terms of the GPL.  It's a good idea to mention this
> in the copyright file, of course.

Dear all,

I contacted the upstream author and he suggested to distribute all his
work under the GPL, which solves my problem.

I have one last question: the package uses autoconf. Do I have to
mention every autoconf-related file and remind their copyright holder
and licence in the copyright file of the Debian package? I am a bit
reluctant to do this. Too much information kills information.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles