Re: Need to include copyright for something that's only used by source?

Hi!

* Tyler MacDonald <tyler@yi.org> [060627 19:49]:
> mod_bt is now bundling Nik Clayton's libtap, an excellent little unit
> testing module. This module is only used by mod_bt during a "make check",
> and is not installed (and not even used by the debian build process).
[..]
> I want to be absolutely sure before I put this release out, am I safe
> without mentioning libtap in the copyright file?

No.  Every package must have "its copyright and distribution license"
[Policy 4.5] in the copyright file.  This includes the distribution
license of everything in the orig.tar.gz.  Even if it's unused.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander