Need to include copyright for something that's only used by source?

mod_bt is now bundling Nik Clayton's libtap, an excellent little unit
testing module. This module is only used by mod_bt during a "make check",
and is not installed (and not even used by the debian build process).

The conditions for redistributing libtap are,

 * are met:
 *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

It sounds like I don't need to mention libtap in the debian/copyright file,
since it's only going to be distributed in source, there's not even a way to
get a debian binary out of this particular file, and the copyright notice is
contained within tap.c. I've mentioned it in CHANGES.html.

I want to be absolutely sure before I put this release out, am I safe
without mentioning libtap in the copyright file?

	Thanks,
		Tyler