Re: [RFS] cmarrows

"Matej Kosik" <kosik@fiit.stuba.sk> wrote in message [🔎] 449A9E03.6040204@fiit.stuba.sk">news:[🔎] 449A9E03.6040204@fiit.stuba.sk...
So he can be contacted and is willing to reconsider the licensing of
`cmarrows'.

He used some code from Donald E. Knuth's CM fonts (METAFONT code) as
well as some code copyrighted (as noted above) by AMS (also METAFONT code).

He embedded a borrowed METAFONT code to its METAPOST programs. All
METAFONT programs have *.mf suffix. METAPOST programs have *.mp suffix.
So clearly, borrowed pieces of programs are distributed in files with
different names.

It seems quite clear to me that there are no reasons why Mr Tommy Ekola
couldn't attach any DFSG compliant license to the `cmarrows'. Am I right?

AFAIK options are: public domain, MIT, BSD, GPL.

Legally he can choose any licence he wants.
But he must include the copyright notices and licencing information from any file he copies stuff from. these should be included alongside his copyright and licence notice. For those AMS files, he should be include the filnames of the original files.

Really, licencing it is pretty simple.