Re: [RFS] cmarrows

Hello Justin,

Thank you for the your answer.

Justin Pryzby wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 10:47:37AM +0200, Matej Kosik wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have created a Debian package for `cmarrows'.
>>
>>"This is a METAPOST package for arrows and braces in the computer modern
>>style. The arrows offer the same flexibility as the ordinary arrow macro
>>in metapost. The braces can be made to follow an arbitrary path and you
>>can control at which path time the middle piece is drawn."
>>
>>Motivation: the `plain' METAPOST format contains a single command
>>(drawarrow) for drawing one kind of arrows. This package contains
>>definitions of various common kinds of arrows which could be useful
>>within METAPOST figures. I used this macro package for some time. I
>>think that it is useful (for METAPOST fans).
>>
>>Here:
>>http://altair.dcs.elf.stuba.sk/wiki/Kosik/DebianStuff
>>is information how to get the current version of the package I created.
>>
>>The fact that the original software was put to public domain (no
>
> Does something in the software package say so?

Uff. I wrongly assumed that software available on the internet without
any restrictions (no licensing information, no "public domain" statement
) could be considered to be "public domain". As you say, it is not true.

Thus, the original software is "all rights reserved". That means that
noone (other than the original author---the coopyright holder) can:
- distribute it
- modify it
- ditribute modified versions.
Am I right?

If that is true, it (unless it would be relicensed or put to public
domain by copyright holder) it would be illegal to include it to the
Debian project (either in `main' or to `non-free' sections). Am I right?

[snip]
--
Matej Kosik