Re: Debian 3.1 packaging documentation

Great Vincent.

So after looking at your material I fixed up my files
and then as suggested in your place and other places I
removed my relocation question from the preinst and
let the dpkg handle it via the --instdir directive
(which I assume is the right thing to do) and it
seemed to install correctly, but my postinst script
doesn't know where the package is installed (unless I
hard code it).

I'll spend a few more cycles down that path.

Love it though!  In a weird way it's logically obvious
how this comes together, but it's like not knowing
alot of background, so I try alot of different things
then things start working and upon reflection, things
become obvious.

More is needed but I'm installing and uninstalling
okay, just fine tweaking.

Thanks for your helpful hints.

By the way, I don't know if this helps you, but what I
found is that the data.tar.gz file was not getting
installed correctly, so I just created the default
directory structure under the package directory
(./debian/foo/DEBIAN as
./debian/foo/usr/local/myfoo.x) and this seemeed to
work fine!

I also need to better understand the context of what
steps the dpkg is doing so my script files work
better.

Thanks,

Robert

--- Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org>