Re: RFS: urw-garamond-no8

Hi all,

I uploaded a new package version to mentors.debian.net. The changelog
file lists all changes done. I think I addressed all problems which
still remained.

A slight catch: I did not Inherit FontName in defoma.hints, as I
understand the defoma documentation this is not necessary as I declare
FontNameN for each entry. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I corrsponded with Walter Schmitd and Ralf Stubner about the license
problem concerning the missing modification notice in the modified
files. They will do a new corrected upstream release.

About Florent's suggestion to change the path names from garamond to
garamond-no8 Walter's opinion is clearly against this. His reasons are
not the 8.3 limits, but he thinks that if one insists on doing things
right one also would have to change the fonts' registration from urw* to
ueg*. This would cause (too) much trouble and as only some experts
notice the incorrectness, it is better to leave things as they are.

Regards,

Kevin

--
publickey: 2048R/0AFDFB19   http://www.icbm.de/~bube/publickey.asc
fingerprint: 542B 1378 04AA AF1F 572E  78BF 1BF5 5C71 0AFD FB19