Re: RFS: urw-garamond-no8

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> writes:
> Kevin Bube <k.bube@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

I will work on the package again this week and upload a new version
ASAP.

>> I used your sed script from lmodern (0.99.3-2) to generate the .scale
>> file.
>
> Well, the whole point is to use it at package build time...
> Also, I wrote a sed script for lmodern but this awful language is hardly
> readable; if you want to write a similar script in Python for your
> package, that's perfectly fine with me.

I don't speak Python unfortunately. Anyway, I don't think it is
necessary to create the list at build time for this package. I do not
expect the fonts to change very much, so once the scale file is created,
it will be quite stable. The same applies to the charset entries.

> And last but not least, the following clause of the license:
>
> ,----[ PUBLIC ]
> |                If you have modified the Program, you must cause the Work
> |                to carry prominent notices stating that you have modified
> |                the Program's files and the date of any change. In each
> |                source file that you have modified, you must include a
> |                prominent notice that you have modified the file,
> |                including your name, your e-mail address (if any), and the
> |                date and purpose of the change;
> `----
>
> is still not respected (I do hope it is possible to put appropriate
> comments in .pfb files), and has to be resolved upstream.

I will contact Walter Schmidt on this one.

> Also, I think it would be better if Walter Schmidt used garamond-no8
> instead of garamond in the TEXMF tree (e.g.,
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/urw/garamond-no8/ instead of
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/urw/garamond/). But maybe he won't be willing
> to do that because 'garamond' does fit in those pesky 8.3 limits whereas
> garamond-no8 does not...

I can ask him to do that, but in the meantime we could diverge from
upstream and use this path for Debian. Opinions?

Regards,

Kevin

--
publickey 2048R/0AFDFB19: http://www.icbm.de/~bube/publickey.asc
fingerprint: 542B 1378 04AA AF1F 572E  78BF 1BF5 5C71 0AFD FB19