Re: RFS: urw-garamond-no8

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 01:10:25PM +0200, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> wrote:
> > Le Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 04:10:29PM +0200, Florent Rougon a écrit :
> >>           The files pertaining to the Debian packaging are
> >>           (c) 2006 Kevin Bube.
> > Maybe one could suggest a replacement for the word "pertaining", which
> > may be a bit complex for average non-native speakers?
>
> I'm all open for suggestions since... I am a non-native speaker.

Suggestion:
    apt-get install wordnet
    wn pertaining -synsv
(actually, mindlessly using wn -over works as well most of the time
and is simpler to memorize)

However, in this case, I wouldn't bother:
1. In this sentence, the meaning can be trivially blarghed from the
   context.
2. Using simple English is good in help files, but it can look
   awkward next to legalese.

(And yeah, me be a nyet-native speaker, too).

Cheers and schtuff,
--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be