Re: RFS: thailatex (orphaned package for babel-based Thai latex support)

On 4/28/06, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> That means replacing ${misc:Depends} with explicit info.

No, sorry,...

OK. It was reverted, anyway.

> Hmm.. OK. I've done it, as well as adding it to
> Build-Depends-Indep.

My mistake.  I meant build-depends, or rather I would have meant had I
thought before writing.  I do think, however, that it's correct to
explicitly Build-Depend on tex-common, because you explicitly use
commands from it.

Not explicitly, I think. They are now replaced with dh_installtex
auto-generated commands.

>> I suggest to put the following code into your preinst:
>>
>> old_md5sum=78e5add055dd03616e5bbfbe54db6947
>> current_md5sum=`grep thai.map /var/lib/dpkg/status | cut -f 3 -d ' ' 2>/dev/null || true`
>> if [ $old_md5sum = "$current_md5sum" ]; then
>>    rm /etc/texmf/dvips/thai.map
>> fi
>
> This is nice. I've added it.

And it's buggy, sorry.  If the user has deleted thai.map, it's still
registered as a conffile, and thus the test will succeed.  After that,
however, rm will fail: No such file or directory.  Either put in an
additional test for file exisitence, or do rm -f 2>/dev/null.

OK. I now use rm -f 2>/dev/null.

--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/