Re: RFS: thailatex (orphaned package for babel-based Thai latex support)

On 4/28/06, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

Sorry, I found two more things while testing the upgrade.

First, you should bump your versioned depends on tex-common to 0.19,
since you need a working dh_installtex.

That means replacing ${misc:Depends} with explicit info.
Hmm.. OK. I've done it, as well as adding it to
Build-Depends-Indep.

Second, after the upgrade thai.map is still in /etc/texmf/dvips/ even if
the user never touched it, and will be left after purging.  At least the
second thing is actually a dpkg bug, but we still should work around it.

I suggest to put the following code into your preinst:

old_md5sum=78e5add055dd03616e5bbfbe54db6947
current_md5sum=`grep thai.map /var/lib/dpkg/status | cut -f 3 -d ' ' 2>/dev/null || true`
if [ $old_md5sum = "$current_md5sum" ]; then
   rm /etc/texmf/dvips/thai.map
fi

This is nice. I've added it.

With this update, I've also rearranged the changelog entries,
as it got longer, and related info was spread here and there.
Besides, some outdated info in copyright file is also updated.

--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/