Re: Getting *really* close to releasing my first .deb's... What's next?

Tyler MacDonald <tyler@yi.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> However, if $CFG_LIBEXECDIR in your build is /usr/local/lib, that's
>> probably a problem.  In general, the string "/usr/local" should not
>> appear anywhere in your build for Debian packages.

> It doesn't, and apxs2's reply is the same on both systems:

> $ /usr/bin/apxs2 -q "LIBEXECDIR"
> /usr/lib/apache2/modules

> Yet on my work system, lintian complains with that. On my home system,
> both with pbuilder and just plain debuild, the warning does not appear.

> This is confusing me. On my home system, I've added /usr/local/lib to my
> ld.so.conf because I'm compiling libraries there all the time. I'm
> wondering if the presence of it there is preventing it from being added
> to RPATH at home.

Yes, libtool will refrain from adding to rpath any path that's already
listed in the system ld.so.conf, so that's quite possibly the explanation
of why the behavior is different.

That doesn't explain where the /usr/local/lib is coming from in the first
place, though.  I've built Apache modules for Debian before and have never
seen this problem.  Although... I do just build the module and don't let
apxs2 install the module, since it didn't support DESTDIR.  If you're
doing installation with apxs2, maybe it's relinking in some bizarre way?

> Still, even though I ran pbuilder at home, wouldn't pbuilder's
> ld.so.conf be a debian default without my customization?

In fact, at least in my pbuilder chroot, I have no ld.so.conf at all.