Re: Getting *really* close to releasing my first .deb's... What's next?

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Tyler MacDonald <tyler@yi.org> writes:
>
> > 	Anyways, I've successfully moved to a non-native package and removed
> > all lintian warnings, except one that shows up on my work machine, but not
> > on my home machine:
>
> > W: libapache2-mod-bt: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_bt.so /usr/local/lib
>
> > 	I've asked the debian-apache list how much I should care about that.
>
> You should care, since it means that if someone installs, say, Apache 2.2
> in /usr/local, your package will break in bizarre and unexpected ways.
>
> It's not clear where this is coming from, as the Debian apxs2 should not
> be doing this.  But I haven't looked at your package rules to see how
> you're building the shared library.

	Debian's apxs2 clearly states:

/usr/bin/apxs2 +447:         $opt .= " -rpath $CFG_LIBEXECDIR -module -avoid-version $apr_ldflags";

	And in it's makefile generator:

/usr/bin/apxs2 +700:        $(SH_LINK) -rpath $(libexecdir) -module -avoid-version  mod_%NAME%.lo

	That's why I've asked debian-apache. :-)

	A response to that
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-apache/2006/04/msg00038.html) isn't the only
thing holding me back tho. I still have a few things to do before I can
release 0.0.15, and I'm waiting on my webmistress to give me a new logo (see
htdocs/no_apache_logo.txt in the distribution).

	Cheers,
		Tyler