Re: Getting *really* close to releasing my first .deb's... What's next?

Tyler MacDonald <tyler@yi.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:

>> > W: libapache2-mod-bt: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_bt.so /usr/local/lib

>> It's not clear where this is coming from, as the Debian apxs2 should
>> not be doing this.  But I haven't looked at your package rules to see
>> how you're building the shared library.

> 	Debian's apxs2 clearly states:

> /usr/bin/apxs2 +447:         $opt .= " -rpath $CFG_LIBEXECDIR -module -avoid-version $apr_ldflags";

-rpath as an option to libtool is separate and not equivalent to rpath in
a shared library build.  -rpath sometimes results in an rpath in the
resulting object, but generally does not.

However, if $CFG_LIBEXECDIR in your build is /usr/local/lib, that's
probably a problem.  In general, the string "/usr/local" should not appear
anywhere in your build for Debian packages.