Re: RFC: treeline

Hi,

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> W: treeline: script-not-executable ./usr/lib/treeline/spellcheck.py
Well, if it is useful to call the script on it's own, is making it
executable an option?
If it isn't, I'd recommend ignoring/overriding the warning, as this is
only an indication of a potential problem (a script inadvertently not
flagged executable), not a problem or policy violation per se, so a
patch might be too much hassle. If you really want to change this,
probably it'd be best to talk to upstream...

> 2) The installation script generates python compiled .pyc files during the
> creation of the package. I think I can remember there were some other packages
I think the current python policy is compilation at post-inst time
(compare what dh_python does, usually this is a good indication of
what's currrent policy and good practice).
Note that the policy on byte-compilation is somewhat in the flux and the
discussion on this has recently been revived on debian-python.

> 3)
[/usr/lib vs. /usr/share]

In general the FHS mandating /usr/share makes that the better place.
An exception are python modules which are special in that they need to
cater for python's expectation.

Kind regards

T.
--