RFC: treeline

Hi,

I'm packaging a program called treeline, which is a tool for working with all
kind of information that fits into a tree-like structure and it's written in
python. The homepage of the program is http://www.bellz.org/treeline/

1) I have the current draft of my packages at
http://baby.yi.org/packages/treeline/ in case you want to have a look at them.
They only have a lintian warning which I'm not very sure how to handle:

W: treeline: script-not-executable ./usr/lib/treeline/spellcheck.py
N:
N:   This file starts with the #! sequence that marks interpreted scripts,
N:   but it is not executable.

The program consists of many .py scripts which are called from a shell script,
so the don't really need to be executable, but all of them seem to have a
starting shebang line:

#!/usr/bin/env python

Should I remove this linkes from the files?

2) The installation script generates python compiled .pyc files during the
creation of the package. I think I can remember there were some other packages
which did that compilation durinf the installation of the package in the
postinst script. Which of both approaches seems to be better? Are they
equivalent?

3) The installation script installs the files in /usr/lib/treeline/. These
files seem to be totally arch-independent, and thus it might be better to put
them under /usr/share/treeline/. Should I keep the default installation dir or
just change it?

Greetings and thanks (and happy New Year) :)
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y moviles desde 1 centimo por minuto.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com