Re: RFC: packer -- dh_make replacement

I haven't been able to review the main file, but here are some
comments on everything else..

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 03:53:37PM -0500, Daniel J. Milstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been working on a debian package generator and I was wondering if
> people were willing to make suggestions for improving the generated package
> quality. I have packaged the generator using the generator, and the debian
> package source is availible at
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/packer/packer-debsrc.tar.bz2?download.
> Note that I am _not_ looking for a sponsor for putting this package into
> debian quite yet.
.diff probably shouldn't have a segment about changelog file which
just changes the date.

debian/compat: 5? (update debian/control build-dep if you do)

Since the postinst script doesn't do anything special, it should
probably not be created (if it is a generated file).

Please consider using an sf.net watchfile that will work {,for}
every{when,one}, as documented at:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/12/msg00035.html

In the tarball:
s/ note /not/ ./Makefile

./NOTICE: please add a license statement here, maybe something to the
effect of the GPL 'header': "packer is released under the terms of the
apache license, as available in ./COPYING or at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0";.

./packer/install:
if [[ "$files" ]];
Is that valid sh code?

./src/differ
TARBALL=$1
Please quote "$1", and everything else that might contain spaces or
funky characters.

Please make the echo statements echo 1>&2 for errors.
Also run the script with set -e, or at least handle failure of mktemp
(by exiting).

./src/desktop2menu:
This file is really just too dense for me to read through right now..

--
Clear skies,
Justin