Re: scribes

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 02:54:13PM -0700, Joseph Smidt wrote:
> I intend to package "scribes".  It depends on gnome 2.12 and Python 2.4.
> Should I wait to try to package it until those packages are in unstable?
> They will get there some day right? :)  I just didn't know whether it was
> better to wait until they were in unstable or whether to to to unload them
> to my computer from experimental, then start packaging.
AFAICS python 2.4 is in unstable, so you don't have to wait on account
of it.  gnome-2.12 is in experimental only, so if your package will
"Depend:" on it, then you must not upload to unstable.  If you want to
upload to experimental, then you can (well, must) compile against
gnome 2.12.  If that is your on the host system, and not in a chroot
or whatever, then please be sure to remove (in favor of gnome-2.10) it
before compiling stuff which is to be uploaded..

Of course, it is only the .deb that will have the problem; the source
package will be correct, and so will the .debs for all other archs,
just wrong for the one on which you compiled.

--
Clear skies,
Justin