Re: how to handle non-responsive maintainers?

Adriaan Peeters wrote:
> Yes, I did. But I am no DD, so I cannot check "echelon".
Well, then you should conclude from other evidence. (echolon wouldn't
give you a much different answer, either.)

> Patches for several bugs are available, also for libglademm. I contacted
> the maintainer, but no response yet. In the mean time my e-mail has been
> forwarded to mia@qa.d.o so I guess they will handle it.
After waiting for a short while, you could also ask on debian-qa about
taking over packages / adding yourself as co-maintainer if that's what
you want to do.
Probably it's nice not to send mails with "Is Joe Developer MIA?"
because people might not appreciate that showing up way high on google,
but asking in a fashion similar to your initial mail to -mentors is
certainly OK.

Kind regards

T.
--